4. DEPARTMENT: Social Development
BRANCH: Management Support Unit
DESIGNATION: Administration Assistant
REMUNERATION: R306 261.72(Annual Package)
LOCATION: 158 Civic Boulevard, Metro Centre, Braamfontein
• Grade 12 / NQF level 4 plus certificate in Public Administration (NQF level 5).
• 6 – 12 months relevant experience;
• Understanding of relevant Municipal Legislation, Policies and Procedures;
• Knowledge of data capturing; management and filing; facility and asset management; stakeholder management.
Perform general administrative duties within Social Development department regarding asset purchase, asset control, maintenance and repairs of office machines and equipment.
Key Performance Areas:
• Conduct specific administrative and reporting r4quiremnt associates with ley performance areas and result indicators.
• Monitor and control the Operations of the Regional units within department of Social Development.
• Provide administrative support to Operational Managers who are working in the Region with inspections of facilities
• Maintain and control Assets inventory list within the Region.
• Customer service
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Computer literacy (MS package)
• Interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem-solving
• Decision making skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills
• Research skills
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
The City of Johannesburg applies the principles of employment equity as per National legislation and policy guidelines and will consider designated groups in line with these requirements.
Contact Person: Nondumiso Ngobese
Tel No: (011) 407 6686 /6235
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 07 JUNE 2022
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process