STUDENT INTERNSHIP POSITION:
ENVIRONMENTAL & INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICE DEPARTMENT
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD) has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) month
DEPARTMENT: Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD)
BRANCH: Impact Management and Compliance and Monitoring
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R8 329.27 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a student): R3 500.00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Traduna House Braamfontein
• Matric plus a Diploma in Administrative or equivalent qualification registered at SAQA 5 / 6
• WHEREAS the institution envisages extending the training of the student by adding a practical or experiential training discipline hereinafter referred to as “training”, namely in the field of Administration as part of the existing courses/studies.
• Computer literacy – MS Office Applications,
• Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Provide an administration service to the Impact Management (IM sub-unit with regards to the registration and records management (including filling) in respect of development proposal application submitted to the City for comments and review.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Control the administrative requirements associated with Impact Management (IM)
• Provide general office clerical work requiring some independent judgment.
• Monitor the consolation, processing, and representation for functional information.
• Control workflow processes and output levels of work by providing administrative guidance.
• Problem analysis and solving,
• Office administration procedures.
• Customer service.
• Computer Literacy,
Contact Person: Apfeswaho Muruge
Tel No: (011) 587 4310/07
How To Apply
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, 10 MAY 2022