HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN
Pretoria Office, Ashlea Gardens
The OPFA is currently recruiting an intern to embark on an outstanding development opportunity. The internship will be for a period of twelve (12) months. The Intern will be exposed to various areas of human resources management including payroll, leave management, remuneration management and performance management. No prior work experience required.
Interested persons should apply in writing by submitting their cover letter, CV, ID and copies of all qualifications, to [email protected].
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Possess a National Diploma, B-Tech or a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Psychology or Human Resources Management or Organisational Psychology
• Honours degree in any of the above fields will be advantageous
• Be articulate, analytical and detail oriented
• Strong computer literacy – master excel
• Maintain high code of conduct and confidentiality
The candidate will receive training in the following areas:
• Updating personnel files
• Processing death and funeral claims
• Compiling certificates of service for review
• List preparation for long service awards
• Processing monthly reports for absenteeism, turnover, leave excess, new hires
• Advising employees on medical aid and other benefits
• Assisting line managers with queries
• Draft appointment letters
• Maintain organogram structure
• Maintain personal files and filing cabinets
• Recruitment and selection: candidate searches, liaison with providers, prepare interview guides and metrices
• Conduct interviews
• Take minutes of meetings
• Presentations on HR policies
• Support to HR Manager
• Payroll preparation
Closing date for applications is 17 September 2021.
OTHER JOBS OPPORTUNITIES BELOW:
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive any response within 2 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Regret correspondence will only be sent to interviewed candidates.