CompanyBreede Valley MunicipalityReference
SalaryR 103,823.25 – 122,578.50 Annually
LocationWorcester, Western Cape, South Africa
IntroductionThese positions exist at various locations within the Public Services, Community services and Engineering services, the successful candidates will be placed at the appropriate/suitable location.
Job Functions Cleaning,Environmental Services,Water and SanitationIndustriesGovernment / Municipal
THE INCUMBENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE FOLLOWING KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS WITH THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT:
Responsible to assist with the erection/ installation maintenance of infrastructure
- Responsible for general maintenance activities
- Responsible to assist with handling of chemicals
- Responsible for digging holes and trenches as well as any other duty relating to the preparation and repairing of work areas.
- Responsible for loading and off-loading of materials, chemicals and equipment
- Responsible for care of tools and equipment
- Responsible for general housekeeping of plant and site
- Assist with testing of vehicles
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
In addition, candidates must be:
- Grade 8
- 6 weeks relevant exposure
- The physical attributes required for the performance of tasks associated with specific key performance areas in this post necessitates that the incumbent be physically sound and in healthy condition
- Able to give traceable reference checks from previous employers
- Be prepared to work shifts, only in sections/ functions where shift work is required
- Good sight ability
- Ability to bend, stoop and kneel as the employee must do physical labour
- Ability to carry, lift and push heavy objects
- Be prepared to work in confined spaces and elevated heights. Special conditions attached to the post:
- Required to work in all weather conditions under difficult circumstances
- Required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime
- Must be able to work without constant supervision
- The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and the employer is entitled to instruct the employee at any time to carry out additional duties or responsibilities which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description or in accordance with operational requirements.
Job Closing Date: 30/04/2021
Applications to HR Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org